Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Peacock Wedding Cake




I was asked to make a Peacock Wedding Cake. It is all the rage these days. I was stumped, however, when it came to making those pesky feathers. I decided the best way was to not replicate them, per se, but to go for an art deco look. After much, much effort working with different colors, shapes, paints, etc. I finally found what I was looking for. I'm very lucky to have a sister and a friend that I could put to work in helping me make over 100 of those feathers! (Featured in these pictures is my lovely, dear husband who had just come in from tinkering on a little project of his own. He makes me nervous.)

1 comment:

  1. Just love it,must make this cake for my grand daughters third birthday, she loves peacocks and I have these beautiful birds as pets in my home. I live in pakistan.
    Please is it possible to share the steps and the materials used. By the way I an amateur in baking cakes lots of help is needed

    ReplyDelete